eToro Popular Investor Program review: All you Need to Know
The eToro Popular Investor Program is a paid program that allows eToro users to automatically copy the trade and the moves of successful investors on eToro. Whenever a user copies the successful trader, he or she is being rewarded for being copied. The Popular Investor Program is a great opportunity for successful traders on eToro to build a reputation on the platform by sharing their strategies and generate an income while doing so.
How do I apply to become a Popular Investor?
To become a Popular Investor on eToro you have to apply and meet the criteria of the program. To do so you can follow these steps:
- Verify your account and add your name to your profile
- Share your trading strategy in your trading Bio (your biography needs to be a minimum of at least 150 characters). This is a way for you to describe how you trade to potential copiers.
- To apply to the program you also need to make a deposit, equity needs to be more than $1,000. You will also need to build up interest from copiers and achieve an Assets Under Management above $500
- You need to have traded on the platform for a minimum of two months.
- During the same period of time, the trader will need to maintain a risk profile score lower than 7
- And you also need to follow the leverage restrictions and to have an active feed
When you have been accepted to the Program by meeting the criteria you will make your way through four number of tiers or levels. How you reach these tiers is based on the total amount of users copying you each month. When more users are copying you and you meet the requirements for each level you can start rising through the four tiers.
The Popular Investor levels
The rewards and payments you receive from eToro depend on the level you achieve within your trading career path. Below we explain how you reach each level and their corresponding rewards.
Cadet: First level
Reaching the Cadet level: Cadet is the first level and this is where you start when you have been accepted to the program. You will reach this level when you have at least 1 copier that follows you, and when you have at least two months of trading history in your users stats page. Other requirements include:
- You will reach the Cadet level when you have an AUM average of at least $500 in the last month. Also, your account has a minimum average equity of $1,000.
- Two months prior to joining the Popular Investor Program you can not have had a risk score higher than 6
- Your losses can’t exceed 20% in the last 6 months
- Traders cannot copy any other investors or CopyPortfolios
- When using leverage, you must follow the requirements outlined in the Responsible Trading requirements
Reward: At the first level (Cadet) you don’t get any payments but you will be featured on the “eToro Marketing” page.
Champion: Second level
Reaching the Champion level: When you have been at a Cadet level for at least two months and your account equity is at least $5,000, you can reach the second tier of the program. Other requirements include:
- An average of at least 10 verified copiers in the last calendar month
- An average AUM of at least $50,000 in the last calendar month
Reward: If the requirement of the second level is met, you will receive either $400 or $800 in monthly payments, depending on if AUM increased by at least 1% during the last month. You can get additional benefits like free withdrawals outlined on the official website.
Elite: Third level
Reaching the Elite level: If you meet the criteria below and have been at Champion level for at least four months you can reach the third tier of the program.
- You will need, at least, an average equity of $25,000 in your account
- In the previous month you have had average AUM of at least $500,000
Reward: According to eToro’s official website “The popular investors on the Elite level receive a payment equal to 1.5% of their annual average AUM (2% if their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month)”.
Elite Pro: Fourth level
Reaching the Elite Pro level: When you have had three years of eToro activity or financial background and you meet the criteria below you can upgrade to the final level of the program. Additionally, you must have been on the Elite standard tier for at least two months.
- At this level, you have to a have a minimum average of $50,000 in your account equity.
- $10,000,000 value in AUM
- 10 copiers that follow you
Reward: If you make it to the top level on this eToro’s program, you will get all the basic benefits from other levels plus: 2% of your annual average AUM (you can get 2.5% with an AUM growth greater than 1% in the previous month)
There are a few extra terms and conditions to be aware of as well:
- Please note that eToro does not accept trading from users in the USA, Canada, Japan, Iran, Brazil, North Korea and Turkey, and any users residing in those countries can not join the Popular Investor program.
- Popular Investors need to have uploaded and maintained at all times a real picture of them self and show their real name in their eToro profile. The picture and name shall have been confirmed by eToro’s Customer Support as matching the User’s passport/identification document name and picture.
- Popular Investors need to maintain at all times an active real account (which received real deposit and not just eToro credit/bonus) and their profile shall at all times remain public and visible on the eToro.
- Multiple filters to find popular investors by country, asset type they invest in and profits in specific periods
- Dashboard with historical data on their month-by-month performance
- Average Risk split by month
- Numbers of copiers and AUM range
- Current portfolio with a current percentage share of each asset type
- Frequently traded assets and average profits/losses
- Other additional statistics
We believe that any tools and enhancements which help professional traders attract more copiers, higher conversions and allow them to build stronger relationships with them are positive additions to the platform. Please bear in mind that eToro changes their Popular Investor program requirements (for Forex and Cryptocurrency trading) and benefits often, so please stay tuned on their official channels for updates on this popular approach for rising talents on the trading and investment niche.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro. eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs. Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Cryptoassets are volatile instruments which can fluctuate widely in a very short timeframe and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Other than via CFDs, trading cryptoassets is unregulated and therefore is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework.